Follow common measurement rules, but also pay attention to additional tips. Using our provided instructions below, you can easily calculate the exact length of the needed curtains.
- Hang the rail.
- Measure the length of future curtains – measure from the bottom of the rail to the floor and subtract 2 cm, so that the fabric does not touch the ground.
- The width of the curtains should correspond to the width of the rail
- Measure only after hanging the rail.
- Fasten the rail in a way so that it extends over 10 cm from both sides of the window.
- In order for curtains to hang freely, pay attention to window and door handles and radiators.
- Measure the height from left, center, and right – as floor, rail or ceiling are often not smooth. If the measurements are not the same, take the smallest measure of length.
- If you are buying a new home, keep in mind that depending on the floor, the required height of the curtains may change.